Free, no ticket required Join us for a virtual conversation on the film Iron Jawed Angels hosted in partnership with the
- Free, no ticket required
Join us for a virtual conversation on the film Iron Jawed Angels hosted in partnership with the Indiana University Political and Civic Engagement Program.
Participating in the panel discussion are:
- Lisa-Marie Napoli, Director, Political and Civic Engagement (PACE)
- Michael McGerr, Paul V. McNutt Professor, Department of History
- Janine Giordano Drake, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of History
- Jazma Sutton, Ph.D. Student, Department of History
Be sure to download the free online meeting platform Zoom to your computer or phone to be able to access this virtual event and sign up to join the September 1 Zoom event via this link.
About A Conversation on Iron Jawed Angels
- In highlighting the revolutionary story about the American suffrage movement of the early 20th century, including the formation of the National Women’s Party, Iron Jawed Angels portrays the suffragists’ struggles as they faced opposition, conflict, and abuse. These responses to their protests underscore the high price women paid as they struggled to have their voices heard to gain suffrage. The film presents history, through a modern lens, to capture the dramatic journey of many remarkable women.
We encourage you to watch (or re-watch!) Iron Jawed Angels before joining us for this event. If you do not own the film, you can watch it online via these subscription-based and paid streaming services: HBO Max, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Go.
(Tuesday) 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
Indiana University Cinema 1213 E. Seventh Street Bloomington, IN 47405 USA