sun12sep12:00 pmsun2:50 pmFeaturedCapturing Lee MillerDirected by Teresa Griffiths12:00 pm - 2:50 pm ET Indiana University Cinema, 1213 E. Seventh Street, Bloomington, IN 47405 Event Organized By: Indiana University Cinema Country:USA
Pre-screening Gallery Talk: Focus on Lee Miller Eskenazi Gallery, first floor, Eskenazi Museum of Art Lauren Richman, the Eskenazi Museum of Art’s Assistant
Pre-screening Gallery Talk: Focus on Lee Miller
Eskenazi Gallery, first floor, Eskenazi Museum of Art
Lauren Richman, the Eskenazi Museum of Art’s Assistant Curator of Photography, will discuss three works by the photographer Lee Miller from her surrealist period in the 1930s and ‘40s. These works are part of a Focus Exhibition, “Women and the Surrealist Movement,” on view now until September 26, 2021. Space is limited; please register in advance on the museum’s website.
About Capturing Lee Miller
- Directed by Teresa Griffiths
- Lee Miller was one of the most iconic women photographers of her generation. She started her career as a fashion model and sitter for Surrealist artists, including for her mentor, collaborator, and lover Man Ray. However, she wasn’t content to be placed on a pedestal and took up the camera herself, first as a Surrealist artist and then as a fearless war correspondent documenting the events and atrocities of World War II and the Holocaust. However, as the new documentary Capturing Lee Miller reveals, her unconventional lifestyle was not without its personal toll.
Free, but ticketed
- Masks are required for all attendees and Cinema staff at indoor events, per current Monroe County health and safety guidelines.
- Due to our limited screening schedule and currently reduced seating capacity, we strongly encourage patrons to buy tickets online in advance to avoid getting sold out.
- No standby or late seating.
(Sunday) 12:00 pm - 2:50 pm ET
Indiana University Cinema 1213 E. Seventh Street Bloomington, IN 47405 USA